Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Distractions

Lately, my work space has consisted of a cushy chair and a tray table in the corner of the family room, right up against the new media stand. With the office project going on upstairs, I've had to retreat to a less paint fume-y location.

The problem with not working in the office (which has a door) is that I'm distracted much easier. Always, always, always there are distractions, usually in the form of four-legged fur balls.




What jerks.

Great progress is being made upstairs (no more red walls!), but I haven't had much time to work up there because of my actual work. I had to travel to Scottsdale for my job, which meant two full days away from the project. Then my grandfather came to visit, along with my boyfriend's mom and step-dad, to see a community theater play that Jon and my mother are doing together. A great weekend, full of good company, good food, and good wine, but no time for painting or cleaning.

Also, my sister arrives here tomorrow. So much to do, so little time. But that doesn't mean I can't offer you a sneak peak.

Good-bye red walls...




Primer up! It was amazing how immediate the change was -- it was so bright! I almost didn't want to add the new color to the walls; it was so strange and wonderful how much light came into that room without dark red walls sucking everything up. But white walls aren't part of the plan, so before we could add colorful paint, the ceiling and 'closet' were next...




This lovely sand color is "Cattail" by Eddie Bauer for Vaspar. I actually managed to convince my mother that it wouldn't ruin her life to paint the ceiling something other than white. And how pretty will the ceiling look when we add crown molding?

Lots to do before then, though.

For now, here's a sneak peak of our new wall color. And my feet.


More soon. Stay tuned.


* Images property of People Just Float

1 comment:

  1. I can't stand how cute that picture of Maggie is! She's killing me, and she's such a little lady!

    That room looks completely different, it's nuts. I'm so excited to see everything tomorrow, the changes are really coming together. The colors were also an inspired choice. So different than what Mom would normally pick. Which is good for once!

    ReplyDelete